BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oct 29

As some,or most of you know,I was born with Sickle cell disease.If you don’t know what the disease is all about google it please,I don’t wanna talk about it.Anyhoo,the reason why I’m bringing up this topic today is because I’m celebrating something important today.There’s no party or fun planned,just a write-up,prayers and gratitude to God and the people who made it happen for me to see this day.5 years ago(Oct 29,2004),I had a Bone Marrow Transplant/Stem Cell Transplant(google it),it’s basically a process where a patient gets bone marrow from a healthy donor.It was a battle,struggle,fight,war which made me go through all sorts of hell,yes Chemotherapy inclusive,but I won,I did it,I passed and I’m cured.And this wouldn’t have been possible without GOD who provided a cure and showed the transplant specialists the light,ST.ANNA KINDERSPITAL(Vienna,Austria) who told my family and I about this cure and encouraged me to go through with it,MY DAD who decided to do whatever it took to make the transplant possible and a success,and finally,MY BROTHER,MUSTY who ditched school,travelled miles away from home and spent months away from his friends,school and life to get poked with needles,go through series of tests,medication and under the knife to donate his bone marrow to me so I could get better.So yea,I’m grateful for this gift,because I have lost friends to this disease,some knew about the cure,some didn’t,some were too scared to go through with it because of the major risks and complications,while others didn’t live to see the day they get cured.My heart goes out to everyone who is affected by this disease,whether you’re living with it or you know someone who’s living with it,I just want you to know that I know what it feels like,even after 5 years of being sickle cell free,and know that you’re not alone

P1010991

12 ɾεṃαɾќṡ:

Myne said...

Oh wow, I didn't even know that SS had a cure. Your life is a testimony. Kudos to you girl and thanks for speaking out.

Yinkuslolo said...

this post is enlightening. thank God for his mercies

ѕαмiяα said...

Thanks Myne Whitman,it does have a cure but only few know about it or can get it

Thank you Yinkuslolo,and yes,thank God :)

shorty said...

God is wonderful i never know it has a cure too.Thank God u survived it.

Sugarking said...

I love you!!!!!!!

ѕαмiяα said...

Thanks Cutee,it does have a cure and I'm living proof..btw dyu post any write-ups? Your blog's empty :(

Sugarking I love u too :)

shorty said...

Nope i dont have any post,trying to start posting some tho.

Amahzeeing said...

Ah...i have tears in my eyes...Allahu Akbar!

=♥...IamShhh...♥= said...

samush baby!!!! Your life is a true testimony!! May God continue to bless you abundantly!!!
come visit me in london sometime soon :D

itsshehu! said...

Samira.....im speechless.
Indeed You are one strong little lady.
Waow
you touched me.
Im happy 4 u.

ѕαмiяα said...

Which Zainab is this,mommy? Hugs,your baby is fine :)

Shh thanks hun,and amen to your prayers..no worries I shall be coming soon,fingers crossed

Thanks Shehu and I'm glad I touched you and others

Sir Scribbles said...

:)